[oslo] fix flake8-hacking inconsistences on xena/wallaby

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Mar 24 16:09:17 UTC 2021

On 2021-03-24 05:44:59 -0700 (-0700), Sorin Sbarnea wrote:
[...]
> If we still have a strong case for using hacking, I think it
> should be converted to be usable as a hook itself, one that calls
> flake8.
[...]

Can you expand on how you would expect that to work? Quoting from
hacking's README:

    "hacking is a set of flake8 plugins that test and enforce the
    OpenStack StyleGuide"

How would you turn a set of flake8 plugins into a pre-commit hook
which calls flake8? That seems rather circular.
--
Jeremy Stanley