[vpnaas-neutron][Victoria] - could not load neutron_vpnaas

Luke Camilleri luke.camilleri at zylacomputing.com
Wed Mar 24 11:08:35 UTC 2021

We are configuring Neutron's vpnaas extension and although the guide
seems to be quite short, it looks like that there are some dependencies
that we are not aware of since we are receiving this error when we start
the neutron server:

WARNING stevedore.named [req-dca2e9a8-1799-45c7-9380-f247510af7e5 - - -
- -] Could not load
neutron_vpnaas.services.vpn.device_drivers.libreswan_ipsec.LibreSwanDriver

We have followed this guide
https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/admin/vpnaas-scenario.html and
before that we have also installed the below packages from the repos:

openstack-neutron-vpnaas-17.0.0-2.el8.noarch

libreswan-3.32-7.el8_3.x86_64

our config files are the below:

l3_agent.ini

[DEFAULT]
interface_driver = linuxbridge
debug = true
[AGENT]
extensions = vpnaas
[vpnagent]
vpn_device_driver =
neutron_vpnaas.services.vpn.device_drivers.libreswan_ipsec.LibreSwanDriver

neutron_vpnaas.conf

[service_providers]
service_provider =
VPN:openswan:neutron_vpnaas.services.vpn.service_drivers.ipsec.IPsecVPNDriver:default

vpn_agent.ini is empty since the guide documents the changes in the
l3_agent.ini file

in neutron.conf we have also added the below:

service_plugins = router,vpnaas

At this point, my main question would be, is VPNaaS supported with linux
bridge or just with OpenvSwitch?

Thanks in advance