[ops] Bandwidth problem on computes

Jahson Babel jahson.babel at cc.in2p3.fr
Fri Mar 19 13:21:46 UTC 2021

Hi Fabian,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Here are all the things you asked :

- compute1 => compute2 iperf, route, top : https://pastebin.com/fZ54xx19
- compute2 => compute1 iperf, route, top : https://pastebin.com/EZ2FZPCq
- compute1 nic ethtool : https://pastebin.com/MVVFVuDj
- compute2 nic ethtool : https://pastebin.com/Tb9zQVaf

For the ethtool part consider picking only compute1 because I've already
tried to play a little bit with GRO/GSO on compute2 without seeing any
improvements so far. That's why it is different.
The configuration on the compute1 is the default on our hypervisors.
Plus I didn't make the ethtool on the VMs's interfaces. I picked the
teaming interface, the management and the tunnel interface. In my
opinion the tunnel interfaces should not matter but I included anyway.
Can the high load from ksoftirqd lead to a such impact on bandwidth ?

Let me know if you need something else.

Jahson