[tc][ptl][mistral] Leadership option for Mistral for Xena cycle

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sat Mar 13 14:14:13 UTC 2021

Hello Mistral Team,

As Renat already sent an email about Mistral maintenance and help on PTL role[1], and as per TC
discussion with the Mistral team, the DPL model[2] is one of the options we can try.

As the Xena cycle election is completed now and Mistral is on the leaderless list[3], it is time to apply
the DPL model. For this model, we need three mandatory liaisons 1. Release, 2. TACT SIG, 3. Security and these
can be a single person or multiple[4].

Step to Apply:
You need to propose the patch in governance with the three liaisons info; here is the example for Oslo project
moving to DPL model - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/757906

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-February/020137.html
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20200803-distributed-project-leadership.html
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/xena-leaderless