[all][tc][legal] Possible GPL violation in several places

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Sat Mar 13 11:07:20 UTC 2021

Hi,

Thanks for raising this. A note regarding ironic inline.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 10:32 AM Radosław Piliszek <
radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear fellow OpenStackers,
>
> it has been brought to my attention that having any (Python) imports
> against a GPL lib (e.g Ansible) *might be* considered linking with all
> the repercussions of that (copyleft anyone?).
>
> Please see the original thread in Launchpad:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/kolla-ansible/+bug/1918663
>
> Not only the projects that have "Ansible" in name might be affected,
> e.g. Ironic also imports Ansible parts.

Only in our ansible modules and only the BSD parts, namely
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/lib/ansible/module_utils/basic.py

Dmitry

--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael