Status of Qinling

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Mar 12 20:34:47 UTC 2021

On 2021-03-12 19:53:33 +0000 (+0000), Tallman, Nathan wrote:
> I'm trying to find out if Qinling is alive or dead. The GitHub
> repo https://opendev.org/openstack/qinling/src/branch/master/README.rst
> says it's archived and no longer maintained, but the project
> page https://www.openstack.org/software/releases/rocky/components/qinling
> on openstack.org doesn't mention anything about Qinling being
> abandoned. Can anyone shed light on this for me?

"Dead" (unless someone resurrects it). Rocky was roughly 2.5 years
ago, which is the information you're looking at on that software
page. The most recent release was Victoria and the upcoming one in a
few weeks is Wallaby (release names go in English alphabetical
order). The Qinling project was officially retired when
https://review.opendev.org/764523 merged on 2020-12-09, so Victoria
was the last official OpenStack release to include it:

    https://releases.openstack.org/victoria/

It will not be included in the Wallaby release. If there is interest
in reviving Qinling, the OpenStack Technical Committee might
consider allowing its inclusion in future releases.
--
Jeremy Stanley