[release][OpenstackSDK][masakari] request FFE on OpenstackSDK for python-masakariclient

Herve Beraud hberaud at redhat.com
Thu Mar 11 12:17:15 UTC 2021

Hello folks,

As discussed this morning on #openstack-release the masakari team needs
OpenstackSDK changes that haven't been released. They have been merged
after the final release [1]. Those aren't landed in OpenstackSDK version
0.54.0 [2].

Here is the delta of changes merged between 0.54.0 and 736f3aa1 (
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/openstacksdk/+/777299):

$ git log --no-merges --online
0.54.0..736f3aa16c7ee95eb5a42f28062305c83cfd05e1
736f3aa1 add masakari enabled to segment

Only these changes are in the delta.

Do you mind if we start releasing a new version 0.55.0 to land these
changes and unlock the path of the masakari team?

Client library deadline is today.

Also this topic opens the door for another discussion. Indeed it's
questionable that openstacksdk should follow the early library deadline,
for that precise reason. We release python-*client the same time as parent
projects so that late features can be taken into account. It seems
appropriate that openstacksdk is in the same bucket

All those safeguards are a lot less needed now that we move slower and
break less things.

That could be translated by moving OpenstackSDK from `type: library` [3] to
`type: client-library` [4].

Let us know what you think about the FFE.
Let's open the discussions about the type shifting.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/openstacksdk/+/777299
[2]
https://opendev.org/openstack/releases/commit/b87ad4371321d5b0dde7ed0b236238585d5b74b3
[3] https://releases.openstack.org/reference/deliverable_types.html#library