[cinder][nova] Running parallel iSCSI/LVM c-vol backends is causing random failures in CI

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue Mar 9 23:00:29 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-03-09 at 23:50 +0100, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 March 2021 23:40:08 CET Lee Yarwood wrote:

> > > Nevermind, DevStack installs the projects with pip, so the one in
> > > cinder's requirements.txt should already be present. In that case,
> > > yeah, just set it in the config?
> >
> > Yes correct, my question was more to see if there were any known
> > issues with using lioadm on Focal. Anyway I've pushed the following
> > WIP change for devstack to switch over to lioadm when using Focal:
> >
> > WIP cinder: Default CINDER_ISCSI_HELPER to lioadm on Ubuntu
> > https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/779624
>
> For the record, we use the default (tgt) on the main cinder gates, as well as
> a lioadm job (defined in cinder-tempest-plugin). If I read the code correctly,
> that change would break tgt for everyone on ubuntu.
>
> Please raise this in the cinder meeting (Wednesday).
i dont think we can wait that long im pretty sure this is causing this error form talking to lee earlier to day
http://logstash.openstack.org/#/dashboard/file/logstash.json?query=message:%5C%22Unable%20to%20detach%20the%20device%20from%20the%20live%20config%5C%22%20AND%20loglevel:%20ERROR

i guess it almost wednesday already but its startin to casue issues in multiple poject gates right before code freeze so
we need to adress this before we end up rechecking things over and over on many patches.