[infra][qe][nova] Would it be possible to host a custom cirros image somewhere for the nova-next job?

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Mon Mar 8 09:31:54 UTC 2021

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 at 11:07, Lee Yarwood <lyarwood at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 at 22:41, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 2021-03-04 09:31:08 +1100 (+1100), Ian Wienand wrote:
> > [...]
> > > I'd personally prefer to build it in a job and publish it so that you
> > > can see what's been done.
> > [...]
> >
> > Sure, all things being equal I'd also prefer a transparent automated
> > build with a periodic refresh, but that seems like something we can
> > make incremental improvement on. Of course, you're a more active
> > reviewer on DevStack than I am, so I'm happy to follow your lead if
> > it's something you feel strongly about.
>
> Agreed, if there's a need to build and cache another unreleased cirros
> fix then I would be happy to look into automating the build somewhere
> but for a one off I think this is just about acceptable.
>
> FWIW nova-next is passing with the image below:
>
> WIP: nova-next: Start testing the 'q35' machine type
> https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/708701
>
> I'll clean that change up later today.

After all of this Cirros 0.5.2 was released on Friday after another
colleague asked.

I've reverted my original change to cache the dev build, introduced a
change to cache 0.5.2 and switched devstack over to 0.5.2 below:

Revert "Add custom cirros image with ahci module enabled to cache"
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/project-config/+/779140

Add Cirros 0.5.2 to cache
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/project-config/+/779178

Update Cirros to 0.5.2
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/779179

Apologies for all of the noise with this, hopefully that's it for now.

Thanks again,

Lee