[tripleo] Update: migrating master from CentOS-8 to CentOS-8-Stream - starting this Sunday (March 07)

Ronelle Landy rlandy at redhat.com
Fri Mar 5 17:50:50 UTC 2021

Hello All,

Just a reminder that we will be starting to implement steps to migrate from
master centos-8 -> centos-8-stream on this Sunday - March 07, 2021.

The plan is outlined in:
https://hackmd.io/9Xve-rYpRaKbk5NMe7kukw#Check-list-for-dday

In summary, on Sunday, we plan to:
 - Move the master integration line for promotions to build containers and
images on centos-8 stream nodes
- Change the release files to bring down centos-8 stream repos for use in
test jobs (test jobs will still start on centos-8 nodes - changing this
nodeset will happen later)
 - Image build and container build check jobs will be moved to non-voting
during this transition.

We have already run all the test jobs in RDO with centos-8 stream content
running on centos-8 nodes to prequalify this transition.

We will update this list with status as we go forward with next steps.

Thanks!