[infra][qe][nova] Would it be possible to host a custom cirros image somewhere for the nova-next job?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Mar 3 19:27:46 UTC 2021

On 2021-03-03 17:33:59 +0000 (+0000), Lee Yarwood wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 at 13:45, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
[...]
> > https://opendev.org/openstack/project-config/src/branch/master/nodepool/elements/cache-devstack/source-repository-images
> >
> > If you look in the build logs of a DevStack-based job, you'll see it
> > check, e.g., /opt/stack/devstack/files/cirros-0.4.0-x86_64-disk.img
> > and then not wget that image over the network because it exists on
> > the filesystem.
>
> Thanks both,
>
> So this final option looks like the most promising. It would not
> however involve any independent build steps in nodepool or zuul. If
> infra are okay with this I can host the dev build I have with my
> change applied and post a change to cache it alongside the official
> images.

Yeah, I don't see that being much different from hitting
download.cirros-cloud.net during out image builds. If you're forking
or otherwise making unofficial builds of Cirros though, you might
want to name the files something which makes that clear so people
seeing it in job build logs know it's not an official Cirros
provided version. I believe our Nodepool builders also cache such
downloads locally, so you'll probably see them downloaded once each
from handful of builders and, not again until the next time you
update the filename in that DIB element.
--
Jeremy Stanley