[infra][qe][nova] Would it be possible to host a custom cirros image somewhere for the nova-next job?

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 10:46:52 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I recently landed a fix in Cirros [1] to allow it to be used by the
nova-next job when it is configured to use the q35 machine type [2],
something that we would like to make the default sometime in the
future.

With no release of Cirros on the horizon I was wondering if I could
instead host a build of the image somewhere for use solely by the
nova-next job?

If this isn't possible I'll go back to the Cirros folks upstream and
ask for a release but given my change is the only one to land there in
almost a year I wanted to ask about this approach first.

Many thanks in advance,

Lee

[1] https://github.com/cirros-dev/cirros/pull/65
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/708701