Some questions about Ironic bare metal

Ankele zhang ankelezhang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 07:33:04 UTC 2021

Hi,
I have included Ironic service into my rocky OpenStack platform. Using the
IPMI driver. The cleaning network and the provisioning network are my
provider network.
I have some questions about Ironic deleting and inspecting.

1、every time I delete my baremetal nodes, I need to delete the associated
servers first. the servers delete successfully, but the associated servers
filed in nodes are still exist. So I need to set nodes to maintenance mode
before I can delete bare metal nodes. what's more, the port list in
'openstack port list' which belong to the nodes can not be deleted
automatically. How can I delete nodes correctly?

2、If the new created baremetal nodes'  system disks  have exist OS data.I
cannot inspect them, I need to clean them first, but the cleaning step need
MAC address of the nodes and the MAC addresses are obtained by inspecting.
So what should I do? I don't want to fill in the MAC addresses manually.
I have got the PXE boot but was immediately plugged into the existing
system as:
[image: image.png]
0.1s later:
[image: image.png]