[TripleO] moving stable/stein and stable/queens to End of Life

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 16:00:38 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 6:19 PM Marios Andreou <marios at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello TripleO,
>
> I am proposing to move to End of Life for stable/stein and
> stable/queens branches across all TripleO repos (stein [1] and queens
> [2]).
>
> The proposal was introduced and discussed in recent TripleO irc
> meetings [3] and there have been no objections so far.
>
> The main reason is to allow us to focus our resources on the more
> active branches, train ussuri victoria wallaby and xena (!). We moved
> the rocky branch to EOL last cycle with [4] for the same reason.
>
> I think this move is well justified as these branches are getting
> relatively few commits lately (so calling into question the resources
> we are dedicating to running and maintaining the check, gate and 3rd
> party periodic/promotion lines). Looking at tripleo-common,
> python-tripleoclient and tripleo-heat-templates I counted 9 commits to
> stable/stein and 23 commits to stable/queens since November 2020
> (details on those numbers at [5][6]).
>
> Please speak up if you have any concerns or questions about the
> proposal. If there are none then the next step is to post a review
> against the releases repo to make it official.

I haven't had any feedback about this and especially no pushback or
objections, so I have posted the release reviews:

stein @ https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/798925

queens @ https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/798924

If you have any comments or concerns please reply here or post them
directly on the gerrit reviews,

regards, marios