[tc][all] What should we have as community goals for Y series?( Starting community-wide goals ideas)

Rico Lin ricolin at ricolky.com
Tue Jun 29 13:29:02 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 6:36 AM Julia Kreger <juliaashleykreger at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I have a crazy idea!

I love crazy ideas

> What if instead of a common singular goal to uniformly raise the bar
> across projects, we have each project work on their *most* painful
> operator perceived performance or experience issue and attempt to try
> and eliminate the issue or perception? And where cross-project
> integrations are involved, other projects could put review priority on
> helping get fixes or improvements pushed forward to address such
> operator experiences.

What we can do is to ask projects to provide their *most* painful operator
perceived performance or experience issue
as pre-select goal survey for the first step and then calling for help or
mark it as a goal for the Y cycle as the second step.
IMO, marking the pre-select goal is exactly to checking if any goal
material can be actually a goal.
So I think going ahead and raise such activity makes sense.
We can discuss this more in our next TC meeting if anyone also interested.