How to get information about the available space in all cinder-volume

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Jun 28 13:31:12 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 12:17:53PM +0530, Salman Sheikh wrote:
> Dear experts,
>
> I have made cinder-volume /dev/sdb on controller as well as compute node,
> how do i get the information of space available in cinder.

Hi Salman,

Cinder is just the management/control plane for the storage, so it has no
visibility into actual space consumed on the volume. It can only report the
configured size.

In order to find out the space available, you would need to run something like
`df -h` on the node to see its usage stats.

Sean