[nova][osc][api-sig] How strict should our clients be?

Andrey Kurilin andr.kurilin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 20:49:47 UTC 2021

Hi folks!

As a guy who was top 1 contributor to novaclient at some point, I tried to
extend a validation at the client-side as much as possible.
I mean, I really like the approach when the user sees a validation error in
an ms (or a second depending on the system and plugins) without passing the
auth and sending any request to API, so big +1 to leave enum of possible
choices there.

BUT I have one concern here: does it possible that the number of official
policies will be extended or it becomes pluggable(without patching of nova
code itself)? In this case, it would be nice to be a bit less strict.

--
Best regards,
Andrey Kurilin.