[nova][neutron][deployment-projects] Re secbug #1734320

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 16:12:35 UTC 2021

Hello Folks!

I am writing this because a recent patch proposed to DevStack [1]
mentioned "when using ml2/ovs vif isolation should always be used to
prevent cross tenant traffic during a live migration" which is related
to secbug #1734320 "Eavesdropping private traffic" [2].
However, I've found that none of the publicly-available deployment
projects seem to be using ``isolate_vif``. [3] [4]
Should this be corrected?

PS: I used the deployment-projects tag as a collective tag to avoid
mentioning all the projects (as it is too long to write :-) ). I hope
that relevant people see this if need be or someone passes the
information to them. For now, I am curious whether this should
actually be enforced by default with ML2/OVS.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/796826
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1734320
[3] https://codesearch.opendev.org/?q=%5Cbisolate_vif%5Cb&i=nope&files=&excludeFiles=&repos=
[4] https://github.com/search?p=1&q=isolate_vif&type=Code