Re: 答复: [lists.openstack.org代发]Re: [neutron] Drivers meeting agenda for 18.06.2021

Brian Haley haleyb.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 03:56:00 UTC 2021

Hi Yi,

On 6/17/21 11:27 PM, Yi Yang (杨燚)-云服务集团 wrote:
> Hi, Brian
>
> Is OVN only one option for Neutron now? The old blueprint is obsoleted because nobody will do this, I don't think it has been almost done.

I would encourage you to discuss your RFE at the drivers meeting
tomorrow, I was just stating my opinion since I will not be there.

Part of this is based on the previous spec that was implementing this,
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-specs/+/629761 - which
was abandoned with this note:

"With our continues development of DVR – Openflow solution and the
evolution of OVN, we have done some analysis. The feature set in OVN is
richer than the current DVR solution & is gaining momentum in the
community. So we are intending to transition our DVR efforts to OVN and
stop further development in DVR. We believe this will better help
community and networking project. Intel will be glad to help customers
transition from DVR to OVN."

There were a number of patches that were pretty far along when this was
done according to what's listed on
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/openflow-based-dvr

-Brian