[masakari] Compute service with name XXXXX not found.

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 11:26:13 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 11:49 AM at <bkslash at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

> Hi,

Hello,

> I have some problem with masakari. I can create segment (from CLI and Horizon), but can't create host (the same result from Horizon and CLI).
>
> openstack segment host create XXXXX COMPUTE SSH segment_id
>
>  returns BadRequest: Compute service with name XXXXX could not be found.
> XXXXX is the name which Horizon suggest, and it's a name of compute host.
>
> openstack compute service list
>  returns proper list with state up/enabled on compute hosts (zone nova)
> Maybe I misunderstood some parameters of host create? As "type" I use COMPUTE, what value should it be? From "Binary" column of  openstack compute service list? What is "control_attributes" field, because documentation lacks preceise information what value should be there and what is it use for. Tried to found some info on this error but I haven't found anything...

The name should be as it is listed by nova. Masakari is querying nova
for that compute host. The exact query can be run using:
  openstack compute service list --service nova-compute --host $HOSTNAME
where $HOSTNAME is the desired hostname.
The type should be "COMPUTE" and folks often use "SSH" for
control_attributes (but it has no meaning).

-yoctozepto