[nova] destroy_secrets being added to nova.virt.driver.ComputeDriver.{cleanup, destroy}

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Tue Jun 8 19:03:46 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I'm looking to introduce and likely backport an optional kwarg to the
signature of the cleanup and destroy virt driver methods below:

virt: Add destroy_secrets kwarg to destroy and cleanup
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/794252

While this is optional for any callers any out of tree driver
implementing either method will need to add this kwarg.

This is part of the following bugfix series where I am attempting to
avoid secrets from being destroyed during a hard reboot within the
libvirt driver:

https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:bug/1905701+status:open+branch:master

Hopefully this is trivial but if there are any concerns or issues with
this then please let me know!

Cheers,

Lee