[nova][glance] Instance Password Reset

Ammad Syed syedammad83 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 12:07:28 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am trying to enable guest password reset for windows and linux guests. Is
it possible to do it when the instance is running ?

I am using wallaby release. By searching, I have found that
qemu-guest-agent is required to reset the password. But I didn't see the
the image property for it.

https://opendev.org/openstack/glance/src/branch/stable/wallaby/doc/source/admin/useful-image-properties.rst

On other link I have found hw_qemu_guest_agent property for image this will
help in this but looks too old and seems to be deprepacted.

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/VirtDriverImageProperties

My objective is to reset the linux and windows guest password or inject new
key pair. Need your help, how to achieve it.

- Ammad