[mogan] Should we retire x/mogan?

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Jun 7 23:24:05 UTC 2021

---- On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 10:50:20 -0500 Clark Boylan <cboylan at sapwetik.org> wrote ----
 > On Mon, Jun 7, 2021, at 5:31 AM, Martin Kopec wrote:
 > > Hi all,
 > >
 > > x/mogan project has been inactive for some time now. It causes sanity
 > > issues in Tempest due to which it's excluded from the sanity check [1]
 > > and a review which should help to resolve them [2] is left untouched
 > > with failing gates - which also shows that the project is not
 > > maintained. Plus there haven't been any real changes done in the past 3
 > > years [3].
 > >
 > > I'm bringing this up to start a discussion about the future of the project.
 > > Should it be retired? Is it used? Are there any plans with it?
 >
 > Projects are in the x/ namespace because they weren't officially part of OpenStack. I think that puts us in a weird position to decide it should be abandoned. That said if the original maintainers chime in I suppose that is one possibility.
 >
 > As an idea, why not exclude all x/* projects from the project list in generate-tempest-plugins-list.py by default, then explicitly add the ones you know you care about instead? Then you don't have to maintain these lists unless state changes in something you care about and that might be something you want to take action on.

Actually we want to cover all the tempest plugins as part of sanity check not just the one under OpenStack governance
so that we do not break them as Tempest is used in much wider space than just OpenStack. As these x/ namespace plugins
are failing we will keep adding them in inactive plugins exclusive list.

If we find any inactive plugins from OpenStack namespeace then we can start the discussion over retiring the plugins.

-gmann