[neutron][interop][refstack] New tests and capabilities to track in interop

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Mon Jun 7 10:46:43 UTC 2021

Hi,

Dnia środa, 2 czerwca 2021 14:16:50 CEST Martin Kopec pisze:
> Hi Slawek,
>
> thanks for getting back to us and sharing new potential tests and
> capabilities from neutron-tempest-plugin.
> Let's first discuss tests which are in tempest directly please.
>
> We have done an analysis where we have cross checked tests we have in our
> guidelines with the ones (api and non-admin ones) present in tempest at the
> tempest checkout we currently use and here are the results:
> https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/refstack-test-analysis
> There are 110 and tempest.api.network tests which we don't have in any
> guideline yet.
> Could you please have a look at the list of the tests? Would it make sense
> to include them in a guideline? Would they extend any network capabilities
> we have in OpenStack Powered Platform program or would we need to create a
> new one(s)?
> https://opendev.org/osf/interop/src/branch/master/next.json

Sure. I took a look at that list today. I think that:

* tests from the group tempest.api.network.test_allowed_address_pair could be added to
the "networks-l2-CRUD". Allowed_address_pairs is API extension, but it is supported by
ML2 plugin since very long time, and should be available in all clouds which are using ML2
plugin.

* tests from tempest.api.network.test_dhcp_ipv6 can probably be included in "IPAM
drivers" section as now I think all clouds should supports IPv6 :)

* tempest.api.network.test_floating_ips - those tests could be probably added to the "Core
API L3 extension" section, but I'm not sure what are the guidlines for negative tests in the
refstack,

* Tests from tempest.api.network.test_networks.BulkNetwork* - are similar to the other L2
CRUD tests but are testing basic bulk CRUD operations for Networks. So It could be IMO
included in the "networks-l2-CRUD" section

* same for all other tests from tempest.api.network.test_networks and
tempest.api.network.test_networks_negative modules

* Tests from tempest.api.network.test_ports can probably also be included in the
"network-l2-CRUD" section as filtering is supported by core Neutron db modules,

* Tests from the tempest.api.network.test_routers module can probably go to the
network-l3-CRUD section,

That are the tests which I think that may be included somehow in the refstack. But I'm not
refstack expert so please forgive me if I included here too many of them or if some of
them are not approriate to be there :)