[nova] Proper way to regenerate request_specs of existing instances?

Patryk Jakuszew patryk.jakuszew at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:06:01 UTC 2021

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 at 14:35, Sylvain Bauza <sbauza at redhat.com> wrote:
> In general, this question is about AZs : as in general some operators want to modify the AZ value of a specific RequestSpec, this would also mean that the users using the related instance would not understand why now this instance would be on another AZ if the host is within another one.

To be more specific: we do have AZs already, but we also want to add
AggregateInstanceExtraSpecsFilter in order to prepare for a scenario
with having multiple CPU generations in each AZ.

> As you said, if you really want to modify the RequestSpec object, please then write a Python script that would use the objects class by getting the RequestSpec object directly and then persisting it again.

Alright, I will try that again, but using the Nova objects class as you suggest.

Thanks for the answer!

--
Regards,
Patryk