[neutron] dnsmasq refusing to provide ipv6 address over dhcpv6 after a server rebuild

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Jul 31 16:02:29 UTC 2021

Hi,

I've filled this bug in Debian concerning our official image:
https://bugs.debian.org/991613

tl;dr:
When doing "openstack server rebuild", dnsmasq refuses to provide an
ipv6 when the instance does a dhcpv6 request, because after a rebuild,
the instance generates a different DUID.

So I wonder if there's a way to fix this by configuring dnsmasq in some
ways, maybe by telling it to not use the DUID at all. So far, I haven't
found a way yet.

Does anyone have a good answer to this problem? Ideally, I'd like to
find a way to fix on both side (ie: OpenStack *AND* the official Debian
image), so I can make sure to never encounter the issue ever again.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)