Redhat RHEV Virtualisation and logical data volumes

KK CHN kkchn.in at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 18:20:11 UTC 2021

Is it practically or theoretically possible to  export image/Disk as single
image /Disk from RHEV/Virtualization Manager    where VMs have
logical volumes attached to it ?

Any other data/information   do I need to provide for the above question
let
know.

Problem scenario is this:
  We have  hosted VMs on RHEV virtualization environment.
Each VM has associated  Logical Volumes attached to the VM.

We are planning to migrate our VMs to OpenStack (Ussuri, qemu KVM and
Glance)

Right now  Our System Integrator who maintains these VMs on  their RHEV
virtualization environment  exporting each VM as Three separate images.
One for OS image, other for boot and third one for   data volume disk image
( they use logical volumes for data storage,  might be added disks when
data storage was insufficient at any point of time.  )

But I want to get each VM with data volumes  as a single disk image .
IS THIS  THEORETICALLY or PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE using RHEV Virtualization
tools ? if so how ?  ( OR any other methods do this ?)

  OR  am I asking a  STUPID QUESTION ?   If so WHY ?

Kindly enlighten me !!!  I am at the end of the rope with this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Kris