[cinder][qa][devstack][ci] need help running centos-8/opensuse-15 on stable/victoria

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Jul 30 16:44:01 UTC 2021

 ---- On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 09:19:13 -0500 Yatin Karel <ykarel at redhat.com> wrote ----
 > Hi Brian,
 >
 > On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 7:37 PM Alfredo Moralejo Alonso
 > <amoralej at redhat.com> wrote:
 > >

 > > On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 2:55 PM Brian Rosmaita <rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com> wrote:
 > >>
 > >> Does anyone have any zuul jobs running in stable/victoria that use
 > >> either of these nodesets:
 > >> - devstack-single-node-centos-8
 > >> - devstack-single-node-opensuse-15
 > >>
 > >> I can't get devstack to complete building on either (missing package,
 > >> though different for each distro).  I figure that someone in openstack
 > >> must have this working, given that Python 3.6 and Centos-8 and
 > >> OpenSUSE-15 are listed in the Tested Runtimes for Victoria [0].
 > >>
 > >> Here's the failing patch if anyone would be kind enough to point out
 > >> what I'm mis-configuring:
 > >>
 > >> https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-cinderclient/+/800635/
 > >>

 > > In the centos-8 one i see it's trying to enable wallaby repo in centos-8 which actually should be centos-8-stream (RDO wallaby was only released for CentOS Stream 8). You may try to move the job to a centos-8-stream node.

I think this is something to fix, there might be more issue but we can see if once this is fixed.

c8-stream is in testing runtime from Xena release(current) and wallaby or older support centos8 only and
I do not think we need to backport and support c8-stream in stable branch. I think once you try 803039
in stable then we can see if tht fixes the issue.

-gmann