Unable to Mount LVM data volume when uploading qcow2 files

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Fri Jul 23 08:58:28 UTC 2021

If the partition is part of a volume group you'll need to mount the
device mapper part (if the VG is active):

# scan if the VG is recognized
vgs

# activate VG if necessary
vgchange -ay <VG_NAME>

# scan for logical volumes
lvs

# mount it
mount /dev/<VG_NAME>/<LV_NAME>  /mnt

It can get tricky if your own system's VG has the same name, I would
try to avoid that.