Fwd: [Kolla] [ Kolla-Ansible] Existing Workloads getting Impacted on Upgrade

Anirudh Gupta anyrude10 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 12:22:48 UTC 2021

Hi Team,

We have deployed the Openstack Victoria release using Multinode Kolla
Ansible deployment.
 There are 2 nodes - one for compute and other for Controller+Network

Following the below link, we also upgraded the setup from Victoria to
wallaby

https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/user/operating-kolla.html

During the Upgrade process, we figured out that the VM which was
spawned before Upgrade went to shut off during the middle of Upgrade
process and post completion of the upgrade process, we had to manually
start the VM again.

Ideally we were expecting that the existing Workloads would remain
unimpacted in this process.

Can someone please suggest if our observation is correct or any steps that
needs to be taken in order to avoid this?

Regards
Anirudh Gupta