[centos][kolla-ansible][wallaby][vpnaas] I need Help

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 08:22:04 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 9:54 AM Franck VEDEL
<franck.vedel at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr> wrote:

> Thank you for your help.
> I explained in a first message last week the problem with vpnaas:
>
> Neutron-l3-agent logs says: Command: ['ipsec', 'whack', '--status'] Exit code: 33 Stdout: Stderr: whack: Pluto is not running (no "/run/pluto/pluto.ctl »)

That does not ring any bell in my head. There does not seem to be any
relevant difference between V and W w.r.t VPNaaS.

> when I do the same things with Victoria (on a test lab, not on my student servers), no problem with vnaaas, no problem with horizon.
> On the servers for, I try Victoria. Problem with the horizon container, but no logs, I don't understand the problem (I never had a problem with horizon). The only thing that's new: Rocky instead of Centos (I don't know whether to use Stream or Rocky, it's tricky this story).
> How to find the horizon problem without logs? How to find the problem that prevents this container from starting (all the others are UP)

We normally support only Stream but Rocky should probably still work as a host.

Do you mean that doing `docker logs horizon` produces zero output?
Like, totally nothing? That would be suspicious as we log quite a bit
of preamble that is extremely unlikely to fail before the first
message gets logged.
Also try `docker inspect horizon` and attach its output, e.g., via
https://paste.ubuntu.com/

-yoctozepto