[kolla] Ceph client version in Kolla 12.0.0 Wallaby and ubuntu containers

J-P Methot jp.methot at planethoster.info
Thu Jul 15 23:44:09 UTC 2021

Hi,

We've been using Kolla to provision a production cluster and we've
noticed that the ceph-client version provided in the Kolla images is
severely outdated as it doesn't support the fix to CVE-2021-20288 that
was added in Pacific 16.2.1 (installed version in image is 16.2.0). As a
result, the installed ceph-client can't connect to ceph clusters where
the patch is active.

Is there any Kolla image where more recent versions of ceph-client is
installed? How would I be able to get them?

--
Jean-Philippe Méthot
Senior Openstack system administrator