[all] Request to fix the warning to reduce the log size

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Jul 14 21:15:28 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021, at 1:47 PM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> As you might have noticed the discussion in infra channel, log size are
> increasing a lot
> and one of the main reasons is warnings (especially repeatedly
> warnings). Few of them are
> from oslo policy on new policy and DeprecdatedRule. However, those are
> not the only warnings,
> there are lot from other lib also.
>
> Before we start facing more issues in logging system and indexing, we
> would request all the project
> team to start looking at the logs and fix the warnings as much as
> possible.

I think it is important to note that it isn't just the CI system's log indexing that is affected by this. Operators in the real world are likely getting flooded by the warnings and those don't help them fix the code. It can also make it more difficult to determine the underlying causes of real issues if you have to sift through many warnings.

All that to say this is an improvement not just to the CI tooling but also likely to real deployments .