Cinder error while creating Volumes in Openstack

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Jul 14 20:10:19 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 06:20:15PM +0000, Eugen Block wrote:
> Have you checked the storage backend for errors? I’m not familiar with qnap,
> but if rabbitmq is healthy I would expect something in the qnap backend.
>

> Zitat von Adivya Singh <adivya1.singh at gmail.com>:
>
> > Hello Team,
> >
> > I am getting the above error, while attaching volumes, My volume service
> > list are up and running.
> >
> > also my rabbitmq services are fine, any other suggestion we can check, we
> > use qnap as storage
> >
> > Regards
> > Adivya Singh

The QNAP driver has not seen any vendor support for quite awhile, so it's very
possible the driver is broken with new version of OpenStack or newer versions
of the QNAP storage.

I have submitted a patch to mark it as unsupported so the state of the driver
is clear:

https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/800830

Sorry, I know that doesn't help you now, but it might be a good indication that
it would be worth looking in to alternative storage to use.

Sean