[cinder] Block Storage API v2 removal

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 20:12:28 UTC 2021

Cinder community members, especially cinder-core:

First, thanks to Rajat, who has reviewed this patch carefully, as
evidenced by his 32 comments on patch set 4 and his re-review of patch
set 6.

We need to get https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/792299/
reviewed and merged.  It's holding up some feature work, as people
rightly don't want to touch v2 if it's going to be removed, but aren't
sure how serious we are that there will be no v2 in the Xena release, so
they're not sure what to submit.

The v2 API has been deprecated since Pike [0], and at this point it
looks like all consuming projects have switched to using v3.  But we
need to get this change merged and released now at M-2 so we can
discover whether there's anything we missed while it's still relatively
early in the cycle.

So please look at
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/792299/ .  If you are
pressed for time, be creative and make a deal with another reviewer or
two so that each of you reivews half (or a third, or whatever).  But
it's important that this be reviewed now!

cheers,
brian

[0]
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/cinder/pike.html#deprecation-notes