[all][tc] OpenStack next release name is final- "OpenStack Yoga"

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jul 8 12:30:36 UTC 2021

On 2021-07-08 11:08:19 +0100 (+0100), Sean Mooney wrote:
[...]
> well it was not so much arguaing for any partical one i was just
> expecting a few short words for each that was eliminated. X was
> eliminated becasue it might conflict with Y.
[...]
> so i just ecpecting too see some kind of indication of what
> disqulifed the items that had more votes.

I'm no lawyer, but I understand there's a hesitancy to unnecessarily
make public disclosures with that level of detail. If someone comes
along and wants to sue over uses of OpenStack Yoga, they might point
to one of the reasons we discounted Yak and claim we should have
known not to use Yoga on similar grounds (this is merely an example,
I personally have no idea why any of the eliminated options were
considered risky). Much of the practice of intellectual property
law, rather unfortunately, relies on "plausible deniability" in an
attempt to limit liability. The way they probably see it is that the
more detail they provide, the greater our overall risk becomes.
--
Jeremy Stanley