[nova] Applying custom policies at VM creation time

gustavo panizzo gfa+os at zumbi.com.ar
Thu Jul 8 11:47:53 UTC 2021

Hello

I'd like to reject VM creation or mutate the request depending on
custom (business) logic

for example

- reject duplicate names within the same neutron network(s)
- change the VM name to append a number or increase it (VM-1 requested,
   VM-1 already exists so it gets created as VM-2)
- reject some values for particular keys on metadata (role=db rejected
   for project foo)

How can I accomplish this? I really don't want to patch nova

thanks

PS: I found https://github.com/roaet/wafflehaus but it looks it hasn't been
touched in years

--
IRC: gfa
GPG: 0x27263FA42553615F904A7EBE2A40A2ECB8DAD8D5