[neutron] IPv6 advertisement support for BGP neutron-dynamic-routing

Jens Harbott frickler at offenerstapel.de
Sat Jul 3 07:02:14 UTC 2021

On 7/2/21 8:24 AM, Manu B wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> This is a doubt regarding existing IPv6 advertisement support for BGP in
> the current n-d-r repo.
>
> From the documentation, it is mentioned that to enable advertising IPv6
> prefixes,
>
> create an address scope with ip_version=6 and a BGP speaker with
> ip_version=6.
>

> We have a use case where v4 and v6 routes must be advertised using a
> single v4 peer.
>
>  1. How can we advertise both v4 and v6 routes using single v4 peer?
>
> Do we have to create 2 BGP speakers ( one for v4 and another for v6)
>
> Then create a single BGP v4 peer and add the same peer to both the speakers?
>
> Is this the correct approach or any other way?

MP-BGP support has been added with
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-dynamic-routing/+/608302,
I never tested that myself, but from the release note it would seem that
you configure only one speaker and one peer and then by setting proper
configuration options on the peer it gets announced both v4 and v6 prefixes.