[kayobe][kolla-ansible][victoria]

Tony Pearce tonyppe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 07:59:49 UTC 2021

How do I configure the glance container to use a host-mounted NFS share? It
is not covered in the kolla-ansible documentation [1]. What it does say is
to set the file path using "glance_file_datadir_volume". I believe that
this is relative to the container (not the host).

Do I need to mount the local host (nfs) directory as a docker volume for
glance as additional step? If so, how do I achieve this with kayobe /
kolla-ansible?

Some background:
After a successful deployment of 3 controller nodes I have one glance
service which is dependent on one of these controller nodes being available
always. My intent is to provide a NFS share for glance that removes the
dependency.

[1] OpenStack Docs: Glance - Image service
<https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/victoria/reference/shared-services/glance-guide.html>

Kind regards,

Tony Pearce