[DHCP][Provider Network] Instances get IP from external DHCP server

dangerzone ar dangerzonen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 03:54:28 UTC 2021

Hi Slawek and Ruslans, thanks for the response. In this case the instance
is connected to an unknown dhcp network and requests ip from that network
to get access to the lan/internet. Thus, there is no known ip
range/gw/dns/subnet that configures on the neutron network. From Ruslanas
in the email, propose to set subnet as 0.0.0.0/0 and disable port security
( on the instance itself or on the network that should be disabled???).

The use case is I have a computer that has been configured as an openstack
and with 2 nic ports. An instance created with attached to eth0 and eth1.
This is a mobile mini computer that is used for demo purposes...
The management openstack is set to network (eth0) 192.168.100.0/24 and the
second port eth1 is the one that will be connected to the external dhcp
network. For example I bring the computer to customer site A for a demo...
and connect eth0 to notebook for local management and then connect eth1 to
site A to get ip from dhcp server for my instance to access lan/internet
from site A network.
I understand if we have the details of IP range/gw/etc that can be defined
as a network, but the scenario here....we don't know the network and
requesting ip from unknown dhcp network.
Hope it gives some ideas... Thanks