[simplification] Making ask.openstack.org read-only

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:00:50 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 2:16 PM Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> Eugen Block wrote:
> >> I fear that ask is not giving us that much control on what's enabled
> >> and disabled in "read-only mode". I see there is still pagination to
> >> access later answers... Would you have an example of a question with
> >> the "see more comments" behavior ?
> >
> > One example would be here:
> >
> > https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/128442/how-to-setup-controller-node-ha-with-all-services/
>
> Thanks. It seems the "see more comments" button is a variation on the
> "add a comment" button, so its action is unfortunately blocked by the
> read-only flag.

I believe it's due to the fact that the whole JavaScript got killed by
a syntax error in:

            askbot['messages']['readOnlyMessage'] = "The
ask.openstack.org website will be read-only from now on. Please ask
questions on the <a
href="http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-discuss">openstack-discuss</a>
mailing-list, <a
href="https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/openstack">stackoverflow.com</a>
for coding or <a
href="https://serverfault.com/tags/openstack/info">serverfault.com<a>
for operations.";

The double quote sign breaks the string improperly.
Once that is fixed, the JavaScript functions should come back.

I can't see the repo in opendev so can't send a patch there.
Perhaps you can help?

-yoctozepto