[ops][largescale-sig] How many compute nodes in a single cluster ?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jan 28 13:24:19 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

As part of the Large Scale SIG[1] activities, I'd like to quickly poll
our community on the following question:

How many compute nodes do you feel comfortable fitting in a
single-cluster deployment of OpenStack, before you need to scale it out
to multiple regions/cells/.. ?

Obviously this depends on a lot of deployment-dependent factors (type of
activity, choice of networking...) so don't overthink it: a rough number
is fine :)

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Large_Scale_SIG

Thanks in advance,

--