[nova][placement] adding nova-core to placement-core in gerrit

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue Jan 26 16:50:46 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-01-26 at 17:34 +0100, Sylvain Bauza wrote:
> Le mar. 26 janv. 2021 à 17:25, Balazs Gibizer <balazs.gibizer at est.tech> a
> écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Placement got back under nova governance but so far we haven't
> > consolidated the core teams yet. Stephen pointed out to me that given
> > the ongoing RBAC works it would be beneficial if more nova cores, with
> > API and RBAC experience, could approve such patches. So I'm proposing
> > to add nova-core group to the placement-core group in gerrit. This
> > means Ghanshyam, John, Lee, and Melanie would get core rights in the
> > placement related repositories.
> >
> > @placement-core, @nova-core members: Please let me know if you have any
> > objection to such change until end of this week.
> >

> No objection at all, let's be pragmatic.
> We originally asked who wanted to be placement-core but now, since the
> governance is the same, that's no longer an issue.

i think this is somewhat like the os-vif situation
we added nova-core to os-vif and basically said, while we are granting you the right
to appove an merge change in os-vif we are not requireing you to review them.
if you feel comfortable in reviewing the code and feel you understand teh context then
the nova cores were invited to use there new core right but if they did not have time, interest
or knolage to do so then there was no pressure on them to use those new rights.

so for placmnet i think common sense would imply the same approch.
provided there is no object nova cores would be free to use there own judgement
regarding reviewing and or approving changes  based on there understanding of the code change
but  we are not nessisarly requireing the whole nova core team to activly review plamcent changes
if its just not relevent to them.