[OpenStackSDK][release] Abandoning js-openstack-lib?

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:05:22 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 10:11 AM Herve Beraud <hberaud at redhat.com> wrote:

> Dear OpenStackSDK team,
>
> The release team noticed an inconsistency between the OpenStackSDK team's deliverables described in the governance’s reference and deliverables defined in the openstack/releases repo (c.f our related meeting topic [1]).
>
> Indeed, js-openstack-lib (added January 9, 2020) was never released yet and was not ready for ussuri or victoria. maybe we should abandon this instead of waiting?

Probably. It was me who saved it from demise but I did not get time to
really work on it and not planning to any time soon nowadays.
It has been established that the project more-or-less requires a
serious redesign and rewrite to keep up with current technology and
practices established in other, established OpenStackSDK deliverables.

-yoctozepto