[RDO][CentOS] RDO plans to move to CentOS Stream

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 15:43:35 UTC 2021

Hi,

As you know, CentOS announced recently that they will be focusing on CentOS
Stream [1] and that CentOS Linux 8 will be EOL at the end of 2021 [2].

In order to align with this change, the RDO project is adapting the roadmap
for the current and upcoming releases:

- RDO Wallaby (ETA is end of April 2021 [3]) will be built, tested and
released only for CentOS 8 Stream.
- RDO CloudSIG repos for Victoria and Ussuri will be updated and
tested for both
CentOS Stream and CentOS Linux 8 until end of 2021 and then continue on
CentOS Stream.
- In the upcoming weeks, we will create new RDO CloudSIG repos for Victoria
and Ussuri for CentOS Stream 8.
- RDO Trunk repositories (aka DLRN repos) will be built and tested using
CentOS 8 Stream for all releases currently using CentOS Linux 8 (starting
with Train).

If you are interested in the details about these plans and how we plan to
implement it, we've created a blog post [4].

Don't hesitate to ask us in the ML or in the #rdo channel on freenode if
you have questions or suggestions about this.

We are also organizing a video AMA about RDO and CentOS Stream on Thursday
Jan 21 1600 UTC in the RDO Meet room https://meet.google.com/uzo-tfkt-top

On behalf of RDO,

Alfredo

[1] https://centos.org/distro-faq/