[cinder] Review of tiny patch to add Ceph RBD fast-diff to cinder-backup

Vladimir Prokofev v at prokofev.me
Thu Jan 14 00:39:29 UTC 2021

I apologise if this is not the place to ask, but this question was actually
bugging me for a long time now.
Is there any particular reason fast-diff was disabled for backup images in
the first place? Like, any actual technical limitation, i.e. "don't enable
it or it will break your backups"?
Or is it only because earlier versions of CEPH did not support fast-diff,
so it was disabled for compatibility reasons?