[Release-job-failures] Release of openstack/kolla for ref refs/tags/9.3.0 failed

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jan 8 16:28:24 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-08 14:42:14 +0100 (+0100), Herve Beraud wrote:
> Also notice that yesterday we met an AFS issue [1] during the merge of the
> following patches:
>
> - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/769325
> - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/769322
> - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/769324
>
> The problem was that afs an server got stuck in a pathological way from
> 05:50 utc today until 16:10 utc when we hard rebooted the server instance.

The patches you reference merged later, so wasn't directly impacted
by write failures (the jobs actually succeeded).

> The consequence of this is that the related tarballs haven't been published:
>
> - https://tarballs.opendev.org/openstack/kolla/?C=M;O=D
> - https://tarballs.opendev.org/openstack/kolla-ansible/?C=M;O=D
> - https://tarballs.opendev.org/openstack/kayobe/?C=M;O=D
>
> And so the RDO CI fail to build them for train, ussuri and victoria:
>
> - https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/31499/
> - https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/31498/
> - https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/31497/
>
> So I think we need to reenqueue these jobs too.
[...]

The files were written into the tarballs volume just fine, but the
read-only replicas which back the tarballs.opendev.org site hadn't
been synchronized. I found a stuck process (waiting since yesterday
for a response from the server which had previously died) and
killed it to get the periodic synchronization of the read-only
volumes working again so, the site is no longer stale and has those
releases on it now as of 15:15:40 UTC today.
--
Jeremy Stanley