OpenStack Ansible - Telemetry

Golasowski Martin martin.golasowski at vsb.cz
Thu Jan 7 12:20:29 UTC 2021

Dear All,
I would like to know which monitoring solution is currently supported by OSA? We are operating a small cloud (~ 6 nodes) and we are interested in collecting performance metrics, events and logs.

So, as far as I know, the official OSA solution is ceilometer/aodh/panko with Gnocchi as DB backend. However Gnocchi project seems abandoned at the moment and the grafana plugin is not compatible with latest Grafana.

Then there is solution based on collectd with this plugin (https://github.com/signalfx/collectd-openstack <https://github.com/signalfx/collectd-openstack>) with Graphite or InfluxDB as backend. This supports only performance metrics and not the events.

Then there are also some Prometheus exporters available, again, metrics only.

What do you guys use these days? What would you recommend?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Martin