[all][tc] Thoughts on Python 3.7 support

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Jan 6 20:54:22 UTC 2021

On 1/6/21 12:26 PM, Radosław Piliszek wrote:
> Sorry for top posting but just a general remark:
>
> Do note Debian 10 is using Python 3.7 and that is what Kolla is testing too.
> I know Debian is not considered a tested platform but people use it
> successfully.
>
> My opinion is, therefore, that we should keep 3.7 in classifiers.
>
> -yoctozepto

I also confirm that I do run Debian 10 in production with all versions
of OpenStack from Rocky to Wallaby, and that I will report if I see
anything that doesn't work.

I also would like to remind everyone that Bullseye is currently running
Python 3.9, and that we should switch the upper bound to at least that...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)