[puppet][neutron] Status of networking-cisco and networking-bigswitch

Takashi Kajinami tkajinam at redhat.com
Sat Jan 2 09:42:51 UTC 2021

Hello,

While cleaning up outdated implementations in puppet-neutron,
I noticed that the following 2 plugins are supported by puppet-neutron
but the plugins are no longer maintained actively these days.

 1) networking-cisco
  https://opendev.org/x/networking-cisco
  This repo has not got any updates for these 2 year except fo opendev
migration
  and supports not Python 3.6 but only Python 2.7 and Python 3.5.

 2) networking-bigswitch
  https://opendev.org/x/networking-bigswitch
  This repo was updated 10 months ago, but doesn't have ussuri and victoria
branch created.

If I don't hear any plan to keep maintaining these 2 repositories
I'll deprecate support for these 2 plugins in this release and
remove the support completely in the next cycle.

Thank you,
Takashi Kajinami